Trader Vic's at the corner of Ward Ave. and King Street . It is now the location of the Honolulu Club and the now closed TGIF restaurant.

Statehood celebration at the old Honolulu Stadium. March 13,1959.

HRT bus barn on the corner of Alapai and Hotel streets in the 70's. The Honolulu Police Dept. is now this corner.

Photos of Old Honolulu [Click to view larger photo with details]

The HIC later renamed the Neal Blaisdell Center is under construction in 1963.

1957 photo of the Ward Estate. The entire estate was demolished in 1959 to make room for the Concert Hall, Exhitition Hall and the Blaisdell Center.It covered the entire block of Ward Ave. King St. and Kapiolani Blvd.

Aloha Motors at the corner of Kapiolani Bldv. and Atkinson Drive is now the site of the Hawaii Conventon Center .

Corner of Beretania and Richards Streets where the Schuman Carriage bulding, and a doctors office was located in the 1950's and 1960's. The entire block was torn down to build the State Capitol Building.This photo was taken across the street near Washington Place .

Kapahulu Avenue in March 1959.
State Capitol under constructon in the background. Photo taken on Kapiolani Blvd. and Drier St . The Advertiser Building is on the left. March 27, 1967.
Fort Street looking mauka from King Street. Nov. 8th 1959. Today Fort Street is a pedestrian mall.

Hawaii Kai in a 1960 photo as Henry Kaiser was beginning development of the area.

Honolulu Iron Works 1960. Today it is the location of Restaurant Row.

Waialae Shopping Center , which eventually became Kahala Mall, was celebrating its third anniversary when this photo was taken in 1961.

Construction of the State Capitol building July 5,1966.Punchbowl and Hotel Street corner is at the bottom right. Hotel Street is now the pedestrian walkway between the Capitol Building and Iolani Palace.

Bishop Street , looking mauka toward Beretania Street in this 1959 photo.The street eventually continued to Vineyard and Pali Hwy. Bishop St. became one way makai bound. Across Beretania now stands the Capitol Place building.

1959 photo of the old Sears and Roebuck building, which eventually became headquarters for the Honolulu Police Department and then a high rise condominium.

March 19, 1959 photo of the old Sears and Roebuck building and parking lot on Beretania, Young and King Streets and later in 1967 converted into the Honolulu Police Department. later the building was torn down and a high rise conominium now is at that location. The parking lot in the foreground is today the Pawaa Neighborhood Park .

1970 photo of baseball fans line up on King Street and Isenberg at the Honolulu Stadium boxoffice to purchase playoff tickets.

The annual Thanksgiving Day high school footbal chanpionship game at the Old Honolulu Stadium on Isenberg and King Street in 1963. Today this is the site of the Honolulu Stadium State Rec. Area or as many calls it, the Old Stadium Park.

The old Civic Auditorium at 1314 S. King St. being torn down to make way for progress, in April, 1974. Built in January 1933, it hosted many functions through the years.

The water fountain at the entrance to the Honolulu airport in the 1960's. At night when the water fountain was lit up with orange colored lights, it looked like volcano eruption.

Kapiolani Drive In on the corner of Ala Moana and Ena Rd in July, 1968. A popular hangout in the 50's and 60's it was demolished in late 1960 to make way for the Wailana condominium.

Tops coffee shop in 1956, on Ala Moana across Ft. Drussy.

The Kau Kau Korner on the corner of Kapiolani and Kalakaua in the 1940's. The business was torn down in 1960 and replaced with Coco 's Coffee House, which was torn down in 1986 to make way for The Hard Rock Cafe which is currently on that location.

The last day of Coco 's Coffee House, Aug. 31, 1986. After 26 years of business on the corner of Kapiolani and Kalakaua, it made way for a new business, The Hard Rock Cafe. Before Coco 's, The Kau Kau Korner was in that location.

Construction of the Hard Rock Cafe and the opening in 1987. The previous business on that Kapiolani and Kalakaua corner was Coco 's Coffee House, and before that it was the Kau Kau Korner from the 1940's.

Construction of the Keeaumoku Street overpass on April 14 1960 looking towards the Diamond Head direction and from right to left, makai to mauka.

Slide show here